Speech and Language therapy works...
and lasts a lifetime.

Founded and supported by Scottish Rite Masons
How do I get speech therapy from Early Life Speech & Language for my child?
If your child is between the ages of two and seven and has a diagnosed or suspected speech or language delay, Early Life Speech & Language may be able to help. To begin the application process, call us at (855) 543-8255 for information and to speak with a speech-language pathologist to discuss concerns about your child’s communication skills.
What speech and language services do you offer?
At Early Life Speech & Language we provide:
  • Speech and language assessment
  • Individual speech and language therapy
  • Group and individual parent education classes
Who receives help at Early Life Speech & Language Clinics and Programs?
Early Life Speech & Language serves children in Washington state between the ages of 2 to 7 who demonstrate significant delays in speech and language skills but are otherwise similar to their peers in their cognitive, fine, gross motor and social skills. We do not serve children with medical conditions/diagnosis such as autism spectrum disorder, hearing impairment, stuttering or down syndrome.
What is the cost for your services?
Thanks to the Scottish Rite Masons and our generous community of donors, Early Life Speech & Language services are provided free of charge to all families. If you are interested in supporting us, visit our support page.
How do I know if my child needs therapy?
Communication development in children tends to follow a specific pattern, with some natural variation, of course. Generally, children begin using first words between 12 and 14 months. They often have an expressive vocabulary of approximately 50 words, with some two-word combinations, at age 2. Other people should understand most of what a child says by age four, which is when a child typically speaks in sentences of at least 4 to 5 words in length with mostly correct grammar.
When children first learn to talk, they may produce sounds incorrectly, delete sounds, or put words in the wrong order as a part of normal development. However, persistent problems in any of these areas may indicate a need for a speech-language assessment.
I still have questions, who do I call?
Bremerton: (360) 726-5509
Spokane: (509) 838-2310
State-wide: (855) 543-8255
Walla Walla: (509) 876-0450


Between ages 3-4,children’s speech should include pronouns like I, you, me, we, and they, and some plural words like toys, birds and buses.

American Speech-Language-Hearing Assn.